Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Life in Terengganu

After moving into my Geliga house, I started real living in Terengganu. I feel like I am just one of the Terengganu folks and even bought some small stickers with the sea turtle logo of the state to stick on my vehicles; this indeed made me feel very Terengganu!

The bungalow house rented by the company is simply good; what I mean is location wise, convenience and is also walking distance away from the Monica Bay beach. During this monsoon season, sea is rough and the wind is strong, but it is airy and fresh to live in this area. The Samajaya mini-market is nearby and I could just take a stroll to buy my groceries there without having to drive all the way to town. My family and my brother visited me in this new home, and I just told them to watch out for the very 1st traffic after they entered the Terengganu state, turned on the left and waited for me at the Esso gas station. It is so easy to locate. The only complaint about this place is the black striped mosquitos, likely to be Aedes and they are simply abundant and hungry. When you walk out to lock the gate, you would be bitten at least once or twice! I burn some mosquito coils outside the house, just to deter these creatures from getting near to the entrance of the house.

After settling in for about 2 weeks, I had brought in my Scott Aspen mountain bike, wiped and greased it clean with WD40 and some bicycle lubricant, put the rear wheel on a RM30 stand as it does not have a kickstand. Every evening and morning, I take the bike for a ride as a form of exercise along the seaside beach area. I fixed up some of the lights, reflectors and blinkers, lubricated the key components etc. And it is fun to put up some of the accessories onto the bike. In the process of biking, it also taught me the different kinds of Schrader and Presta valves for the tires, and also the nomenclature of those bicycle components.

I put up two aquarium tanks, one medium and one small size tanks in the hall. Tried on the old pump brought from my KL home, tested and it is still working fine. Cleaning up the tanks and setting up the stand for the the tanks in place kept me busy a few evenings. Now the tanks are well aerated, perhaps after installing the filters bought from aquarium shops, then it is ready for me to start the new phase of my aquarium fish rearing hobby!

Looking forward to do more in this Geliga home!

No comments:

Post a Comment