Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Let us meet more often

Basing on my own thoughts and feeling, I came to the conclusion that some of my classmates might want to consider to meet more frequently after all these years. It had proven me wrong most of the time as only a few are actually enthusiastic while the majority of them remain lukewarm about the idea.

It is always wrong for me to perceive of others on even simple thing like this, presuming that they would perceive and think the same way as I am. Of course there are also many like-minded people who share the same cause of wanting something done, but there are many more that do not think alike. What I am trying to say is, do not be too sure of what you have in mind unless it is tested and rigorously verified!

I had also tried to create a facebook group on a secondary Chinese school which I used to attend. The one that I did for the University that I attended was not so successful as far as the response is concerned. It could be that some of our friends are not so IT or internet oriented as I am, or for whatever some other reasons. It ended up most of the time I am doing the postings, hoping that one fine day these classmates of mine would be fascinated by the photos and writing put up there.

People could not afford to meet physically everyday due to commitment and distance apart. However with the advent of internet and all these communication tools made available,  I could link up many of my colleagues and friends who worked together with me in Taiwan, Mexico, China and other previous companies.

I hope one day they could realize,  time is running short in life and it is a good time now to meet old friends and acquaintances as often as they could. From my experience, I had preoccupied too much of my time in working and neglected spending time with my loved ones, which I now regretted very much. I missed my grandparents, my in-laws, my mom whenever I think of them. And I  promise myself that I will schedule to meet my dad and uncle more often from now onward!  May God always bless them with health and longevity of life so that we could spend more precious moments together. Amen!

4 comments:

  1. time with kith and kin.. time with friends.. are priceless..
    Time to find/create new friendship..Non?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encik Sharif,

    Yes, I did make some good friendship here when I moved here in Kemaman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right. Many our age may not be so IT savy or are still untrusting of the social networks. I had someone tell me the "elites" are watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Azimah, we have nothing to hide and we are law abiding citizens without any hidden political agenda, so the elites could watch as they wish!

    ReplyDelete