Monday, September 7, 2009

Postural hypertension - A health problem?

For the past 1 week while I was trying to look at the factory guys repairing some of the parts of the machinery, I squatted down to take a closer look and then to stand up again, I felt dizziness and my vision felt like blackening out.

I was trying to figure out why I have this symptom of postural hypertension and I am thinking that it could be due to:

(1)Age is catching up as I have never had such problem before
(2)My gum bleeding had caused me loss of too much blood? I was wondering wehther this is the real cause as I have this problem for a long long time
(3)My habit of drinking English tea in the morning continuosly almost for the past 3 months since I came home from China. And my father used to tell my wife that drinking too much English tea might be too cooling for the body according to the Chinese medical way of diagnosing this problem. This might now apply to my body condition at this juncture of time.
(4)Other unknown health problems I might have developed.

Anyway, today I was not feeling too well after my breakfast, probably after my cup of English tea. I decided that from tomorrow onwards I will stop drinking it for a period of time to see the effect. I took a rest in the afternoon today because of the public holiday and about 6 pm I went for a short trekking in the Taman Jakar Bukit Sayur mountain just to sweat out a little bit. It was almost 7 pm and half way through the trekking, I cut short my journey by reversing back to the down hill direction, just to be on the safe side.

After the exercise, I felt better though my limbs were feeble after the climbing and I told myself that I must have a good full meal for the dinner to replenish my energy before I go to bed.

I had my dinner with a lot of raw garlic as I had acquired this habit of eating garlic while I was serving in Shangdong province China, it made my stomach bloating problem better. I begin to like eating garlic very much though it smells a little on my breath! Anyway, it is good for health.

I have never thought of writing in a blog about my physical condition, it seems that when age is catching up, our body parts start to malfunction a little bit here and there and this topic on health becomes something which I could not avoid to mention about somehow.

May God always bless me with a strong and healthy body, to me a healthy body is the biggest "wealth" that I possess on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment