Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Contemporary VIPs

Some of the famous people in Malaysia that we crossed path with, during certain part of our lives worth mentioning here just for the record.

During university days, I met briefly with some of these very ordinary guys but today they are the very successful people in the country:

Datuk Ong Tee Keat, President MCA and Transport minister - UM Engineering faculty

Datuk Mohamed Zaini Amran, Founder and CEO of BumiHiway - UM Engineering faculty. He was the senior doing the orientation in the 2nd college

Tan Sri Dr. Lim Wee Chai, Founder and CEO of Top Gloves - UM Science faculty and he told me about his MBA program in the US long long time ago

Mr. Voon Seng Chuan, CEO of IBM - UM Science faculty and we have common friends

At one time in 2nd college of University Malaya, I happened to get acquaintance with a Sains Asasi student, perhaps he was my room mate just for a couple of days during the orientatio week that I could not remember him so well. It was after many years while I tried to apply for a permit to run a small factory in a shop-lot that I bumped into him again. It is not easy to get the approval for even a few months as it was near to the residential area. He is a medical doctor and is also the Director of the environmental department of Majlis Perbandaran(City Council). I went to his office and he recognized me right away and gave me the approval for 2 years. From this we learned a good lesson that we have to be friendly to everyone and we would not know how in future certain people somehow does us a favor with just a stroke of his pen.

1 comment:

  1. Datuk Zaini or believe it or not just Labi (terrapine) to us Sdarians, was one year my junior in SDAR. It has been quite sometimes since we last met though.

    ReplyDelete