Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Will stay in Kemaman Terengganu

Today I received an official letter from the headquarter of my company that I shall be officially based in Kemaman Terengganu after a 3 months trial period. God willing, I shall stay on to this place till my retirement and then call it a day for my working career. I do not like the idea of leaving the country for too long, somehow Malaysia is the place that I am so used to and I feel comfortable and cosy! It really does not matter whether I am in the east coast, Sabah or Sarawak, or Kuala Lumpur near to my family, as long as it is in Malaysia, it is just fine for me. Being Malaysian always a Malaysian!

I have been looking around places that I could rent a house. From Geliga Pantai, Geliga Baiduri, Taman Jakar, Taman Cukai Indah, Bukit Kuang, Samudera Timur, Kijal etc. If I opt to stay in Bukit Kuang area then I do not have to wake up early to beat the traffic jam on the Sungai Cukai bridge. But the 15 minutes traffic congestion is accceptable to me compared to that in Kuala Lumpur, because this Cukai bridge congestion is too minor a jam to be considered as serious. The short distance going to the Teluk Kalung factory could save me some gasoline though. Bukit Kuang is not so conducive an area, partly because it is near to the bitumen factory and also there seems to be a place of drug addicts in nearby Kampung, with occasional petty theft and breaking in. Furthermore one normally does not feel like seeing the same place after spending a whole day working in the same area. You just want to be away from the workplace as far as you could after work!

Near the town area would be convenient for me to get food especially at night after work but I do not like the busy traffic and noise. Samudera Timur going to Binjai area is a bit remote along the road leading to Air Putih. Look like a house near to the Pantai Mak Nik (Monica Beach) with open field, sea breeze and venue for outdoor exercise would be a more suitable and tranquil place for me. I have to make myself a choice and an alternative, first choice would be Geliga area and 2nd Choice is near the Police station or hospital area, close to the Cukai town.

I also consider that my family will come to visit me during the holidays. Convenience of getting food might be a main consideration, but going to beaches would be once a while thing for them. Since they are only coming here mainly for holidays occasionally, therefore the consideration would be either a choice of relaxation or a place where they could get food easily. Either one would be okay for them, I think.

I am at the same time looking at the option of buying a mountain bike. Recently I have acquired some knowledge about brands such as Santa Cruz, Kona, Trek, Scott, T-Bolts, Giant, Cannondale, Fuji, KHS, Specialized, Polygon etc. through the internet. Hope to acquire either one of these entry level or mid-level machines for my training and exercise.

Well, let us see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment