Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cricket catching and photos









As written in my earlier article on my favorite insect, this time back home I chanced upon this old friend of mine who used to be the best cricket digger or catcher in the village because he caught the most crickets during my time. He was catching crickets to feed his Magpie Robin birds, and I took the opportunity to take these precious photos.

He told me that the habitat of those crickets was destroyed and fenced off by owners of palm oil trees planted in self-owned illegal plots in the ex-mining land. He resorted to dig and catch those crickets around the housing area. I told him to spare those young crickets otherwise the insect one day will become extinct in the village, and I worry that I will miss their callings at nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment