Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Marathon Runner

I was not born a sport man because of my skinny and smaller frame stature while I was in primary and secondary schools. I always sat the second row in the class otherwise some of my taller classmates would have blocked my view of the blackboard. The only sport that I had taken part in while we were having sport day in the primary school was tying one of my legs with the other of my classmates using a handkefchief, doing something similar to the telematch kind of running! What a shame!

I did not realize my sport potential only until when I was in higher secondary school that I could run cross country well. Subsequently I had developed a liking for sport, though I had played basket ball for many years since primary school days. I went into squash and occasional running or jogging to keep fit! Sometimes sport is a question of practice, perserverance and self confidence. I was very much inspired by my brother-in-law at the age of about 58, yet he could be a good marathon runner. Another younger relative, my wife's cousin Choi CC, probably 48 is another good runner. Imagine the gruesome journey of 42KM, is something to me insurmountable! I take my hat off for these 2 guys!

I have not given up on running long distance. Therefore now I am training hard to increase my laps of running. Every morning I woke up early and try to train my stamina by jogging along the path leading to the sea side. The air in the morning is fresh and the vehicles are few. It is an ideal place to train and exercise and I had chosen this place precisely for this reason.

My aim is hopefully one day I could be fit enough to participate in the marathon run!

No comments:

Post a Comment