Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cars

Actually I am very much exposed to cars but somehow the automobile business seems to be not in my career list for very long. I am listing my experience below as a record:

I was sent for "Ferien Beschaftigung" or "vacation training" in Daimler Benz Sindelfingen Stuttgart Germany for industrial training of about 2 months in Mercedez Benz headquarter during my 3rd year study in Mechanical Engineering.

My first job was with Federal Auto, the local concessionaire of Volvo cars

My 2nd job was with UMW Toyota Assembly Plant and at that time the plant was assembling the Toyota LE, Daihatsu Charade and Rocky models. I was sent to Toyota Kyoho in Toyota City Japan as the design engineer to learn on jigs and fixture design.

After that  I was never in the automobile business anymore. I owned many cars and the list that were  registered under my name were :

Datsun 160J twin Cam - AY1237
Toyota LE - WBA 8945
Proton 1.5i - WCK 7129
Honda Accord CA1 - WCB 1682
Honda Accord SM4 - PCA 5121

Recently when I returned to Malaysia, my family decided on Exora as their choice rather than mine.

When I was in University Malaysia, I rode a Suzuki 125 scrambler WP 5350 and I passed on to my younger brother, and he lent it to his friend; I was told the motorbike was totally destroyed by a fire near a petrol kiosk. And I did not know what happened actually! After driving cars, I get a bit nervous to ride on motorbikes, but I do have interest in those big bikes!

I always enjoy cars and somehow cars are attractive to me, be it just an old model such as Volkswagen Beetle, latest model BMW or Mercedes Benz, or 4WD drive vehicle such as Pajero or Triton.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Martin,

    Thank you so much for your wonderful words. They are so much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete