Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blood Test

I took the opportunity during the fasting period while preparing for my colonscopy to do a yearly blood test in the same hospital. Despite all those rectal bleeding and bloated stomach symptoms, the results are simply encouraging. I was told by doctor in China that I have a fatty liver and for many years all the lipid profile data tested was on the high side.  I turned the tide this time, probably because of my perseverence and determined effort in doing regular cycling and jogging for the past 4-5 months in my Kemaman home. The effort is rewarded and the effect is obvious,  the result speaks for itself.

Just for the records:

Triglycerides - 1.0 mmol/L against a standard of <1.68
Total Cholesterol - 5.0 mmol/L against a standard of <5.2
LDL Cholesterol - 3.6 mmol/L against an optimal of <2.58 though the borderline should be 3.35-4.11
HDL Cholesterol - 1.1 mmol/L against a standard of >1.03
TC/HDL ratio - 4.5 against a standard of <5.0

For kidney,
Uric acid - 0.40 mmol/L against a standard range of 0.15-0.45
Glucose - 5.0 mmol/L against a fasting standard range of 3.9-5.5

For my blood count test, ESR is 26 mm/hr against a male standard range of 0 - 7, which is on the high side. I have this high ESR for all of my past blood tests for many years. I was told that if there is any inflammation in the body then the number will be high. Anyway, I have gum bleeding problem for many years despite all the vitamin C taken and also the annual descaling done by dentists.

From the test results, I still have to watch myself on the intake of high Cholesterol and high Uric content food. I also consume less sugar by avoiding any coffee and soft drinks. Will continue to exercise more so as to expect better result for the next blood test.

No comments:

Post a Comment