Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Mother and all mothers!

Today is the 6th year my mum left us. It is always a sad thing to see elderly persons left us one by one when we ourselves are slowly advancing in age. When we were young couples, we looked at our tender age children and we always think to ourselves, it is going to be a long way before they will grow up tall and strong. How you wish that they could just grow up tomorrow. Now they have grown up to be teenagers, have their own circles of friends, own preferred interest, hobbies and life styles, even their own opinions in ways of doing and handling things. And I realize that time really flies and most of the grand parents are already gone, and we are also having more grey hairs over the years! The golden era of our time had passed and is now making way for this younger generation!

My mum was a great woman though she always nagged. All mothers nag because they are out of concern for their children though it is definitely not a very pleasant thing to be nagged on. I for one do not like to be nagged. My mother used to nag on what kind of food I must eat to stay healthy, and how her grand children should be taken care, and how to stay safe and away from trouble etc. Now all this nagging became thing of the past! As my wife always says to the children, if one fine day we are not around anymore and the children will miss our nagging! This is indeed very true! How I wish my mum could be still around and I would not mind her continue to nag me!

Life is so good and time is so short! Life is a cycle and we have to go through certain unpleasant experience, maybe you could call it a growing up training but it is something meant to be good. We have to take all these with a good spirit and positive attitude. When we see it as something in transient within this limited life span on earth, take it as part and puzzle of growing up and human interaction, then we will gladly accept and laugh over it. Is this not life is all about?

I always remember my mum when she was lying on her sick bed when I told her that I have to leave for Mexico for a couple of years. She never hesitated in anwering me " Go ! And do not worry about me!". She passed away on May 23rd and I had left for Mexico in early August the same year, just 6 years ago.

God bless you and rest in peace, mum!

2 comments:

  1. They say we are seldom thankful of what we have..
    only when we have lost it, that we appreciate it presence or existence..

    ReplyDelete