Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Son went to the PC fair

My son, a 19 years old young man decided to go to PC fair to be employed for 3 days @RM80 per day. As parents, we had reminded him not to go to crowded places where H1N1 is rampant and lately this virus seems to be taking its toll on people and lives were lost due to complication when the influenza struck. Even if he did not go to the fair at all, it does not mean that he does not stand a chance of exposing himself to the risk of any virus or bacteria which are present everywhere such as college, shopping centres, hawkers stores etc. As understanding and concerning parents, we did not want to stop him to go but explained to him on the risk of such virus for him, telling him that it not worthwhile just to get that hard-earned meagre sum of Rm240 and get himself exposed to such risk, and we also reminded him of his asthmaic background which could further complicate the symptom etc. Finally we had sort of forced him to buy a few masks just for the sake of preventive protection. He took the masks along half heartedly and we are not sure whether he really did wear the mask as one of the exhibitors in the KLCC. We could only pray to God for him to be protected from such risk factors.



Nowadays It is hard to become parents because grown-up teenagers have their own thoughts and friends and they do not consider the feelings of worrisome parents when they decided to take on certain activities. Perhaps one day when they become parents themselves, then they would be able to understand how parents feel for their children. We want them to learn more about the world and we also do not want to be over-protective of them.

I told my son many times, wait till one day he becomes a father, then he will only realize the burden and the responsibility of a father. I am glad that I am given a chance to become a father before I could appreciate my own father more. When we were young, my dad used to be going outside of the house to earn livelihood for the family; my siblings and I tend to be closer to our mum because she was always at home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment