Friday, August 21, 2009

A place where you come from!

One could always move to new places you called homes because of jobs, change of schools, spouse preferences, want to stay close to children where they are studying or working, even migrate to other countries etc or for whatever other reasons! Many of us, because of circumstances, have no choice but to follow and move to stay on for years, in a particular place where our parents, ourselves or at the later part of our life, our sons and daughters, could find a means of living or livelihood. Do you know that it always stays very dear in the very depth of their hearts where they come from? In my case, Mambang Diawan, Kampar, Perak is always in my mind.

It is not how glamorous, how convenient with all those supermarkets, facilities, stores, schools or hospitals, how nice are those architecture of buildings or housing estates that count. It is about a place where you were raised, where there is your family ties, your root where your grandparents were buried, your childhood and your primary school etc. that add up altogether. It is beyond words to express how dear all those things that mean to us as we go through life, especially when we approach our retirement age.

In my younger days I yearned to live in big cities, maybe from Kampar to Ipoh, then to Kuala Lumpur, subsequently to Taipei or even Los Angeles. Now I am following a reverse path, I always wanted to go back to the village where I come from.

It might be for practical reason that I would not be able go back there eventually! But if follow my heart, that is the place I wish to go back to when I retire!

No comments:

Post a Comment