Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wonderful family members in my early life

Of a few close family members in our life I would always want to be thankful for what they had done for me, if not for them, we would not be what we are today!

The first person I want to be thankful is my uncle, the younger brother of my father, during those younger years, he had helped my family a lot and I still could remember very well how he bought school books for me. My dad and mum respected him a lot because he is a generous person and really does what he means. My mother did not enjoy a very pleasant relationship with the relatives from my father side except this uncle of mine. She felt very much indebted to this uncle for all the help that he rendered to us when our family was in need while we were still at tender age.

He used to be working overseas in countries such as Brunei and Indonesia etc. Whenver he returned home, he always gave me generously some pocket money. Whenver there was any family disputes, he was always the arbitrator and all of them respected his decision and advice. Today happened to be the "full moon" celebration of a baby girl given birth by my niece, I could not make it back home for the event because I am far away in Kemaman Terengganu. And I had written this message to remind me of this special occasion and also to remember the good deed of his father, my beloved and honorable uncle. I wish him strong and healthy always and may God bless him abundantly.

Another person I wanted to remember dearly in my heart is my grandmother from my mother's side. She had worked much of her life and put her saving to buy 5 acres of rubber plantation (eventually my mum sold them for some cash), bought a house for my family to stay until this day, and also gave my dad the money to get his first car as taxi. I used to visit and stay with her during my school holidays while she worked in the tin mine company as the chief cook. I had some wonderful time with her as a young boy.

When she slipped and fell one day and had broken her pelvic bones that she could not walk and therefore could no longer work as a cook; then she had started to stay with my family for the rest of her life. During her stay with us, despite her physical handicap, she took good care of my two younger sisters, cooked our meals and roped up water from the well, and did all the household chores. What a wonderful woman she was! I had never seen such a determined, good tempered and hardworking old lady and I want to take my hat off for her!

I want to give thanks to God for the grace of giving all these wonderful persons to bless us and my family in our earlier life!

No comments:

Post a Comment